What is a Remote Online Notarization (RON)?
- Completely remote electronic signing ceremony where both parties connect over a secure audio & video communication connection.
- A signer must still prove their identity to the notary.
- The documents will be signed virtually with a Washington State approved digital stamp.
What are the customer requirements?
- Valid, US government issued ID (Driver's License, ID Card, or Passport). This will be verified by a 3rd party automatic system.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Digital copy of documents (PDF), needs to be sent prior to appointment time. We will email you instructions.
- Computer or Smartphone must contain audio and video capabilities
- Strong internet connection
- Location ability required for additional security measure
What are the steps to complete a RON?
2. Our staff will reach out for some basic information and the PDF of the document.
- You will then need to email the PDF documents.
- Your notary will prepare the electronic documents ahead of the meeting with virtual components for signing, notarizations, and any other fields that need completion.
3. Verify your identity
- An appoint link will be emailed to you.
- You will take a clear photo of your id and upload to the system.
- You will also need to answer some questions for added security.
4. Attend the meeting
- Connect with our Notary virtually using your computer or smartphone, be sure you have a good internet connection
- The Notary will ask a few identifying questions and then you will sign digitally and the Notary will notarize.
5. You will provide payment as soon as the appointment is complete and the documents will be released to you via email.